Visit My Area

This is for Blogging Challenge 4.

Our area “Kapiti Coast” is a nice and warm place to come to where ever you are from either over seas or in the country.

If you did come here the first place I would go to would be the beaches because the view is AWESOME, imagine your on a nice walk on the beach and in front of you is  the most beautiful island you have ever seen.Yep well that’s what it was like for me moving here. I couldn’t help but going to the beach to look at the view, aswell as the water and just staring at it until the sun went down ( of course ).

One thing you should watch out here for is the Tui bird especially in our native forests. It is really cool even if you can’t see them you can still here there voices tweeting in the trees above, it is really amazing.

Another thing you should watch out for is the flax if you have never made things out of flax I would really recommend it. I went with my class and the one next door to a Marae, and we made flax flowers,crosses and bracelets.  turned out amazing.

So if you are ever looking for a place to stay here in New Zealand/NZ come to Kapiti Coast enjoy the fun,the entertainment and the walks across the beaches and the forests. By the way,on your way maybe a little flax weaving who no’s but have fun.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by mistea. Bookmark the permalink.

About mistea

I teach a Year 5 class in New Zealand. I have been teaching for many years and thoroughly enjoy the children. Just recently I have started this blogto share, with parents and children, what we have been doing and learning in our class. At this point it is a simple one, but as myself and my class learn more it will grow I hope.

3 thoughts on “Visit My Area

1. Tamara
    I love Kapiti Island, I always feel like I am home when I see it. A good point about the flax and birds. Thank you for the flax work you did at the marae. Great job.

2. Pingback: Visit these -March 2011 -Week 5 | Challenge Yourself to Blog

3. I guess that to get the loans from banks you ought to present a firm reason. However, one time I have got a short term loan, because I wanted to buy a car.